Having a good working knowledge of children's literature is vital for primary teachers; the best way to develop switched-on young readers is to ensure they get access to high-quality age-appropriate material that engages and inspires them.
This book explores the rich and varied world of children's literature and how it can be used in teaching to promote reading for pleasure and create lifelong readers.
This new edition has been completely updated to include:
- 5 brand new chapters covering Knowledge & skills, Classics, Illustrated fiction & graphic novels, Non-fiction, and Humour
- New expert voice features providing commentaries from educators, literary experts and authors such as Lucy Worsley
- Up to date book lists featuring recent and more diverse literature and authors
- New practical activities and case studies show casing children's books and how to use them in the classroom
- Further reading links to take students further
If your school would prefer to be invoiced for this purchase, please select 'invoice' at checkout.
Free delivery on orders over £100 to UK and free delivery on orders over £200 to Republic of Ireland. For carriage to all other destinations, please email us for a quotation email@example.com