The Jungle Book is a classic story of friendship between man and beast. Saved from the jaws of the evil tiger Shere Khan, young Mowgli is adopted by a wolf pack and taught the law of the jungle by lovable old Baloo the bear and Bhageera the panther. The adventures of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi the snake-fighting mongoose, little Toomai and the elephant's secret dance, and Kotick the white seal are all part of Mowgli's extraordinary journey with his animal friends.
Kipling was a prolific writer and recognized as a genius. In 1907 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. His many books for children include Just So Stories and Kim.
- The book includes a behind-the-scenes journey, including an author profile, a guide to who's who, activities and more.
- Animated and live action films available for comparative study
- challenging text
- Themes: relationships, loyalty, courage, integrity, tradition, coming of age, faith, rules and order
- Longer novel. requires sustained reading between sessions. Could also be read as a class novel with key extracts studied in guided reading.
- Black and white line illustrations.
- 256 pages
If your school would prefer to be invoiced for this purchase, please select 'invoice' at checkout.
Free delivery on orders over £100 to UK and free delivery on orders over £200 to Republic of Ireland. For carriage to all other destinations, please email us for a quotation email@example.com