When a baby escapes a murderer intent on killing the entire family, who would have thought it would find safety and security in the local graveyard? Brought up by the resident ghosts, ghouls and spectres, Bod has an eccentric childhood learning about life from the dead. But for Bod there is also the danger of the murderer still looking for him - after all, he is the last remaining member of the family. A stunningly original novel, deftly constructed over eight chapters, featuring every second year of Bod's life, from babyhood to adolescence. Will Bod survive to be a man?
- Free discussion notes available on this website.
- Themes: growing up.rights of passage, forgiveness and redemption, family/community, friendship, bravery.
- Could be read alongside extracts from The Jungle Book (which in part inspired The Graveyard Book).
- Black and white illustrations.
- Longer novel requires sustained reading between sessions. Could also be read as a class novel.
- 304 pages
If your school would prefer to be invoiced for this purchase, please select 'invoice' at checkout.
Free delivery on orders over £100 to UK and free delivery on orders over £200 to Republic of Ireland. For carriage to all other destinations, please email us for a quotation firstname.lastname@example.org