The monster Grendel has awoken and the townspeople are terrified. Even the King has abandoned his great Hall. Hero after hero comes to slay the monster, but no one can outwit Grendel. Only Beowulf has a chance. But when Beowulf finally triumphs, an even greater horror awakens. Grendel's mother, the Hag, wants revenge on the slayer of her son.
- evocative retelling by poet Brain Patten
- stunning illustrations by Children's Laureate, Chris Riddell
- dyslexia friendly features (not only for dyslexic readers)
- could be compared with Michael Morpurgo, Rosemary Sutcliff or Kevin-Crossley-Holland versions of the story
- 96 pages (generous layout)
- This book is included in Just Imagine's Take One Book book based planning tool, launching September 2019.
If your school would prefer to be invoiced for this purchase, please select 'invoice' at checkout.
Free delivery on orders over £100 to UK and free delivery on orders over £200 to Republic of Ireland. For carriage to all other destinations, please email us for a quotation firstname.lastname@example.org